Software Nerd

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My 8-year could be a criminal

There are some news-stories so absurd that one has to double and triple check to make sure it's not just someone writing satire. Well, I've done that with this story, and it appears to be true... one for the "fact is stranger than fiction" file.

In Germany, two state governments have drawn up laws would could criminalize violence against computer game animated characters, if those characters are human-looking.

My faith in humankind tells me that these will never actually be voted into law; but, I'm still aghast. As background, the argument being mde is that violence against human-looking computer animation begets violence against humans, as was supposedly the case in a recent incident in Germany.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home